As the year winds to a close, we look back at all that has been accomplished this year, both to celebrate the significant accomplishments of children and families and to thank you for making this work possible. Below are highlights of our accomplishments in 2010.
With the help of Common Hope …
- 2,700 students attended primary school, high school, vocational school, and university.
- A total of 98 high school students graduated
- New Hope School graduated its fifth 6th grade class to receive its entire elementary education at the school, and 30 of 30 students are expected to go on to 7th grade next year.
- Three schools in local villages received extra classroom support with things like reading promotion, individualized attention for students, and interactive curriculum ideas.
Through October 2010 …
- Social workers made an average of 327 home visits each month to the 1,394 families that partner with us.
- Our medical clinic averaged 618 patient visits and 1,460 prescriptions filled each month.
- Clinic staff conducted 3,059 screenings for things like cervical cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and nutritional deficiencies at our clinic and 9 community health fairs.
- Affiliated families worked 4,763 sweat-equity hours to earn 30 houses and 49 other housing improvements like water and electricity.
- 41 people were placed in jobs with the help of our job placement program.
We couldn’t do this work without your support. Thank you for your generosity! If you have yet to make your gift in 2010, please do so before December 31. You can give online here. Thank you!