We need your help. We’re gearing up for the 2014 school year, which starts in late January, and we need to make sure our 3,200+ students have all the supplies they need. That means more than 10,000 pencils and pens! The more donations of supplies we can get in advance, the less we’ll have to purchase, and the more savings we can pass on to our programs in Guatemala. You can help by collecting supplies and mailing them or dropping them by our U.S. office. Details below.
- School supplies: 12-packs of colored pencils, pens, and pencils; scissors; rulers; glue bottles; watercolors; and $5 to cover cost of shipping. See below for how you can organize a supply drive.
- Spanish books: See below for the list of books needed.
- Suitcases with rollers and handles: To carry those supplies down to Guatemala.
Thanks so much for your support! You make it possible for our students to get the education they need to create a better life for themselves.
- 10 or more copies of the following titles:
– Adivina cuanto te quiero, by Sam McBratney
– Siempre pienso en ti, by Kathi Appelt
– El ratoncito, la fresa roja y madura y el gran oso hambriento, by Audrey Wood
– Has visto a mi patito, by Nancy Taffuri
– Perico el Conejo Cuenta, by Beatrix Potter
– Que hora es?, by Heather Amery
– Te Quiero: Cuatro cuentos para compartir, by Scholastic Editions
– Siempre te querré, by Robert Munsch
- 250 Spanish/English Dictionaries, University of Chicago edition
- Books for ages 1-6 with the following themes: Feelings, Colors, Shapes, Numbers, Basic Vocabulary, Clocks/Time, Animals, Riddles, Body Parts.
- Cloth, pop-up, and peek-a-boo books.
How to organize a supply drive:
Put out a call to action at your school, church, or workplace. See how many shoe boxes you can fill with the following supplies in each: 12-packs of colored pencils, pens, and pencils; scissors; ruler; glue bottle; watercolors; and $5 to cover cost of shipping.
If you have any questions, please contact our in-kind donation coordinator Colleen Tracy at 651-917-0917 or email@example.com. Our mailing address, for shipping supplies to us: Common Hope, PO Box 8228, St. Paul, MN, 55108. Our physical address, for dropping supplies off: Common Hope, 1400 Energy Park Drive, Suite 23, St. Paul, MN, 55108.