Long-term volunteers commit to work with Common Hope for one year or longer. Their leadership, expertise, and old-fashioned hard work are an integral part of what has made Common Hope a highly respected human development organization. Working for a small living stipend, our long-term volunteers demonstrate a very strong commitment to the mission of Common Hope.
Common Hope long-term volunteers:
- Fill a specific, posted position such as Vision Team Coordinator, Physician, Speech Pathologist, Construction, or Teacher/Tutor.
- Make a commitment of one year or more.
- Work 40 or more hours a week.
- Travel independently and pay for airfare and Spanish language training if necessary.
- Are commited to understanding a new culture, able to listen and willing to learn.
- Become multipliers of Common Hope’s work by sharing their experience with friends and family.
Typical experience includes:
- Two weeks of general orientation, working in all areas of organization.
- Training in specific program area where volunteer will work.
- Small volunteer stipend negotiable.
- Fulfill requirements of posted position
- Minimum intermediate level Spanish
- Flexibility, open-mindedness
- Willingness to work outside specific position as needed
- Attitude of learning
- Language school
- Room and board
- Determine if there is a long-term volunteer opening that suits your skills.
- Complete long-term volunteer application for specific position and submit along with resumé.
- One of our volunteer coordinators will contact you via email within 1-2 weeks of receiving your application to notify you whether your skills are a good fit for our needs.
- If you are a good fit, you will be instructed how to proceed to the next step of the application process.