YoselinI think kindergarten is fun! I love to sing and wear a princess costume. I would like to be a teacher when I grow up. At home, I help my mom fold clothes.
NelsonI am in 2nd grade this year and one day I want to be an architect. I would really like to have a sponsor so I can write them letters and learn about a different country.
GabyWhen we joined Common Hope’s program, my family’s goal was to improve our housing situation. We all worked hard and earned a new home! It’s great having more space for my four siblings and I. Now I’m focusing on my education.
Carlos EduardoI’m currently in 9th grade. I love math and hope to be a bookkeeper. I also enjoy playing chess, Chinese checkers and dominos with my family. I want to be a role model for my younger siblings and show them that working hard in school pays off. I’ll be the first in my family to graduate.
Jose LuisIt was my sister and I that approached Common Hope to help support our education because we knew that between our mom having a stroke and a low paying job, we couldn’t afford the expenses of school. I have one more year left and then I will become the first in my family to graduate.
MariaMy family lives in the community of San Rafael where my father works as a farmer. I am in kindergarten this year. I like playing with my toy tea set and my favorite color is purple.
PabloWhat I enjoy doing the most at school is solving addition problems and studying geography. When I grow up I was to be a firefighter, builder, scientist, or doctor. I want to study hard in order to help my family more in the future so that they can have a safe place to live.
SheilyI am studying in 2nd grade. My favorite subject is Math and one day I hope to become a Chef. When I’m not in school, I help take care of my family’s animals (a hen, rooster, duck and dog) and I help with doing dishes and moping the floor.
JulianI dropped out of school when I was in 2nd grade but I am attending school again and have shown our Common Hope social worker that I am motivated! This year I am studying in 5th grade, and I like participating in the singing activities at school. I will be 14 on October 19th.
It is Common Hope’s goal to connect 3,000+ children in its programs directly with a sponsor in the U.S. This sponsor provides emotional and financial resources to ensure that this child has every opportunity to succeed in their education and future.
COMMON HOPE STILL NEEDS more than 850 sponsors and SPONSORPALOOZA is one month of the year dedicated to honoring those who already sponsor and to recruiting new sponsors to BE THE HOPE!
As a sponsor, you help provide comprehensive programs to your student. Sponsorship means…
- • Change your profile picture to our special #bethehope Sponsorpalooza profile picture for the month of September
- • Share why you are a Common Hope sponsor. Ask friends to join you and #bethehope for a student in Guatemala
- • Post a picture of the student you sponsor
COFFEE OR COCKTAILS
- • Invite your friends, family, or coworkers to join you for coffee or happy hour. Share a little bit about sponsorship with them. You can also invite a Common Hope staff member to join!
- • Come to one of the Common Hope Coffee Breaks of Happy Hours listed on our event calendar below and bring a friend.
- • Spread the word about a student who needs a sponsor with a Pocket Profile that clips conveniently to your bag or fits in your pocket. Each profile has info about a student so you can easily share with others.
- • Wear a Sponsorpalooza button or pin it to your bag and show others you’re proud to be a Common Hope Sponsor!
INTRODUCE US TO YOUR NETWORK
- • Invite us to your faith community, office, or school. We would love to host a casual coffee break and share a little about Common Hope and Sponsorship, and how others can get involved.