Position: Strategic Relations and Development Assistant
Location: Common Hope, St. Paul, MN
Reports to: Director of Development and Strategic Relations
Conditions: Full-time staff position
Common Hope promotes hope and opportunity in Guatemala by working with impoverished children and families, as well as the communities in which they live, to improve their lives through education, health care, and housing. While education is at the heart of our work, we believe a comprehensive approach to human development is critical for children and families to reach their full potential
The position is responsible for strategic relations department support. This position serves as the primary information manager for strategic relations purposes. The role includes the exclusive management of the acknowledgment process, donor tracking and information, Vision Team logistics, special event assistance, communications and correspondence and relationship management. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Relations but works closely with the US Common Hope team and may support the Executive Director and Director of Finance as assigned.
- Oversee and implement the Common Hope acknowledgment process
- Schedule meetings and coordinate calendars; prepare correspondence and mailing lists
- Secure, provide and manage confidential information for development programs and activities
- Coordinate activities for proposal/gift agreement completion
- Generate and track Esperanza Society giving and donor recognition
- Monitor appeal results; generate giving reports
- Enter and track relationship information in databases
- Create an online photo gallery for each vision team
- Maintain Vision Team fundraising pages
- Secure travel insurance for each Vision Team members
- Enter new event and vision team constituents into RE
- Coordinate Vision Teams air travel and insurance
- Manage RSVP for events
- Provide support for event communications
- Provide support for annual communication
- Update Raiser’s Edge with appropriate solicitation codes and communication code (ie remove from email list)
- Provide administrative support to the development function of Common Hope
- High School Diploma/GED and four (4) years of related office and administrative experience. Training/education may be substituted for up to two (2) years of experience.
- Public contact experience by telephone, by mail and in person.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word and intermediate skills in MS Excel Spreadsheet and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience with composing and editing correspondence.
- Raisers Edge and Excel experience a must.
- Experience providing service to multiple staff in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform with competence in high-pressure situations and a rapidly changing environment, to multitask and work independently, meet deadlines and prioritize office work and coordinate with others.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and initiative in managing change.
- Skill and experience in organizing, managing and maintaining office records and procedures.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, and a writing sample of any kind to Stacey Minnick at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is January 15, 2016.