Position: Director of Strategic Relations
Location: St. Paul Office
Reports to: Executive Director
Conditions: Full-time with benefits
Common Hope seeks a Director of Strategic Relations to join our Executive Management Team.
- to manage the major gifts program for the organization, ensuring the achievement of major gifts and campaign goals for the organization
- to cultivate and steward relationships with key partners for the organization, often across programs, geography, and departmental lines
- to provide staff support to the Executive Director (ED) for key initiatives for the organization and provide cross-departmental leadership and integrations of departmental goals, including acting on behalf of the ED
- Administrative oversight of the major gifts program, collaborating with Executive Management Team for individual donor portfolios. Ensure major gifts program is aligned with the overall development strategy for the organization. Manage the overall assignment of major donors to appropriate portfolio for Executive Management Team and board members, track and report on progress and results. Provide accurate major gifts analysis and research in preparation for donor meetings and solicitations.
- Cultivate, grow and steward relationships within key organizations and their leadership, including:
- Board of Directors
- Corporate Donor Relations
- Strategic Donor Relations
- Assist the ED in facilitating the board’s ability to carry out its proper oversight role – e.g. board communications, board meeting and committee preparation
- Serve as Staff Liaison for the Nominating & Governance Committee
- Serve on the Development Committee
- Member of Executive Management Team, which provides strategic and operational leadership for the organization
- Assist the ED in managing the organization, particularly with respect to supporting the ED with project details and deadlines, communication facilitation, etc.
- Organize and lead discovery team trips to Guatemala with support from Guatemala Hospitality
- Facilitate contextual Guatemala information for donors in the U.S.
- Facilitate and/or manage Common Hope’s U.S. operational expansion initiatives as assigned, including development of communications plans, action plans, responsibilities, and timelines
- Serve as project manager as assigned for key operational or strategic initiatives as they relate to the U.S. office and bi-cultural initiatives
- Demonstrated passion for Common Hope’s mission for human development
- Experience working in international organizations, ideally in Latin America
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in non-profit or relationship management leadership roles
- Experience recruiting, cultivating, and deepening relationships with key donors/clients, both individuals and organizations
- Effective communicator: represents the organization’s mission to a wide variety of stakeholders and engages the public in that mission
- Excellent communication skills, including effective listening, writing, and public speaking
- Experience with planning, budgeting, and reporting at operational and strategic levels
- Project management experience, with attention to detail and ability to problem-solve
- Effective organization leadership skills, contributing to a team-based, collaborative work environment
- Language facility in both English and Spanish preferred
If interested, email Colleen Tracy at email@example.com with cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.