Location: St. Paul, MN
Reports to: Development Director
Conditions: Full-time, Salaried
The Donor Relations Manager is Common Hope’s central point of contact for an 8,000+ donor base with a strong grass-roots history of development. A key position in Common Hope’s development team, the Donor Relations Manager will cultivate donor relationships, plan and organize donor events, track donor activities on The Raiser’s Edge, and implement plans to expand and strengthen our base. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in donor cultivation, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and experience in donor management and donor analysis.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing Common Hope supporters and identify and pursue new donor relationships with individuals, churches, corporations and foundations. Manage strategies to nurture and enhance relationships, tailoring fundraising strategy to the needs of each donor and their capacity to give.
- Lead the donor acknowledgement process, assuring timely and gracious recognition of gifts.
- Assist the Executive Management Team in managing and tracking the donor cultivation cycle.
- Promote special donor trips to Guatemala to experience our work first hand.
- Maintain up-to-date donor information in The Raiser’s Edge and serve as primary development person for donor analysis and reporting.
Donor Expansion and Event Planning:
- Develop an overall event strategy to grow and nurture our donor base.
- Manage the development and execution of annual events and special events that include a biennial gala event, annual golf tournament, gallery events, and more.
- Work with volunteers to increase our capacity for events and provide opportunities for volunteers to engage in our work.
- Oversee and support local speaking engagements, including recruitment and management of volunteers and staff members for our Circle of Speakers.
- Oversee and support remote fundraising events, speaking engagements, and “spread the word” activities.
- Contribute to annual revenue and expense budgeting.
- Develop strong working relationships with members of the U.S. staff, board members, Guatemalan staff, and volunteers to achieve desired results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skill Set:
- Commitment to the mission of Common Hope and serving impoverished peoples.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience.
- 3+ years experience in development, particularly managing and growing donor relationships
- Excellent communications skills, including effective listening, writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Computer savvy with a preference for experienced users of The Raiser’s Edge.
- A strong understanding of the role of development in non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Ability to travel domestically and to Guatemala occasionally.
- Spanish proficiency a plus.
How to apply:
- E-mail resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Colleen Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org.