Location: St. Paul, MN
Reports to: Director of Development
Conditions: Full-time, salaried position with benefits
This is a new position that was created to assist the Director of Development in setting the overall Marketing and Communications strategy for Common Hope and to oversee the development of all print and electronic communications. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in marketing, communications, copywriting and design and will be able to produce materials independently or edit materials provided by contractors and in-house staff. This position reports to the Director of Development.
Common Hope’s marketing and communications program includes a dynamic website, monthly e-news, a strong social media presence, and print communication of twice annual newsletters, an annual summary, fundraising campaigns, event promotion and donor correspondence. This position is supported by a communications coordinator in Guatemala who provides research and story content for activities on the ground in Guatemala.
- Serve as project manager for all marketing and communications.
- Work in collaboration with key staff to gather pertinent information and craft timely and effective materials for communicating the mission of Common Hope and the need for support.
- Assess key audiences for each communication and craft the message in a way that informs, persuades, and elicits a response.
- Track campaign effectiveness and research strategies for increasing our effectiveness and results.
- Work with printers, mail house, and contractors to ensure timely delivery of newsletters, annual summaries, fundraising campaigns and event materials.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Skills Needed/Job Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, communications, advertising or equivalent.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and Constant Contact.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at one time.
- A collaborative work style and ability to work in a culturally diverse setting.
- Strong planning and organizational skills; exceptional time management and attention to detail.
- Able to maintain confidential information; experience in Raiser’s Edge database a plus.
- A genuine commitment to the mission of Common Hope.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Spanish proficiency a plus.
If interested email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Colleen Tracy at email@example.com.