Position: Sponsorship Department Support
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Reports to: Sponsorship Coordinator
Conditions: Temporary position, May-September, 2014
Common Hope promotes hope and opportunity in Guatemala, partnering with children, families, and communities who want to participate in a process of development to improve their lives through education, health care, and housing.
The Sponsorship Department Support position provides assistance during the Sponsorship Manager’s maternity leave. This role assists the Sponsorship Coordinator in keeping the program running up to speed and meeting outreach goals. The position will be hourly and is full time temporary at 36-40 hours per week. The position requires a blend of people savvy, computer aptitude, and a great attitude.
- Print and prepare sponsorship mail communication (prep for volunteers; put together new sponsorship packets; be in charge of the mail, new photos, and activity reports)
- Manage special mailings to donors (i.e. Christmas in July; sponsorship inserts)
- Call donors to thank and provide special updates from Guatemala (housing photos, 10-15 year phone calls)
- Work with Guatemala staff to set-up visits and special gifts for sponsored children (investigations, sponsorship visits, funerals, psychologists, etc.)
- Support outreach efforts by setting up presentations and preparing materials
- Assist with coordination of translation and mail volunteers
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Commitment to serving our mission
- Some level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Raiser’s Edge or ability to learn donor database required
- High level of flexibility and initiative
- Spanish speaking ability preferred
- Attention to detail
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter and resume to Louise LeGrand Stanton at Louiselg@us.commonhope.org
- This position will be posted for applicants from April 4 – April 11th .
- Candidates will be selected and interviewed the week of April 14th.
- We plan to fill the position to begin working in early May, and continue through September.