Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Location: Fundación Familias de Esperanza, Antigua Guatemala
Reports to: Development and Hospitality Manager
Conditions: Full-time, long-term volunteer with monthly stipend
- Commitment to the mission, vision, values, principles and goals of Common Hope and its four sites in Guatemala
- Demonstrated attitude of service, commitment to work in a service environment and to learn about Guatemalan culture
- Willingness to work onsite and in the villages
- Willingness to share work experiences with donors, sponsors, teams and others to raise consciousness and fund-raise
- Ability to work effectively in both Spanish and English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Integrity, openness, and honesty
- Direct communication skills
- Ability to work on a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- University degree
- Work experience in hospitality and/or administration (preferred)
- High-energy people-person, with an understanding of the word “hospitality” in its broadest sense. An ability to make each person who walks though the foundation’s doors feel welcome: all donors, visitors, employees, volunteers and affiliated families.
- Creative and flexible
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, preferred experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar databases
- Openness to manage a flexible schedule to be able to attend to visitors, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Manage the short-term volunteer process from the initial application through exit interview; determine the need for the volunteer and potential for engagement and relationship building
- Seek out mutually beneficial volunteer placements based on the volunteer’s skills and Common Hope’s needs
- Provide timely responses to all inquiries about volunteer opportunities
- Provide clear and direct orientation to all incoming STVs regarding their health, safety, schedule; follow up with STV if they are not following guidelines
- Regularly check in with volunteers and program staff to ensure a mutually positive experience
- Infuse volunteer coordination with demonstrations of appreciation and gratefulness to our volunteers.
- Actively listen to STV’s questions and identify opportunity for deeper engagement and understanding of programs; communicate STV’s needs with Hospitality Manager
- Manage dental team visits in conjunction with Antigua and San Rafael clinics and program staff; accompany and translate when needed
- Coordinate all logistics for dental teams including transportation, room assignments, meals, scheduling, and cultural activities; lead dental teams through the week
- Manage medical team visits; coordinate with local hospital partner and arrange a short-term volunteer experience for interested participants
- Support all hospitality functions, including welcoming visitors, providing site and “pueblo” tours, interpreting for non-Spanish-speaking visitors and supporting vision teams.
- Manage Pueblo Tour schedule including assigning tour guides and scheduling the visits to affiliated families’ homes; manage site tour requests and tour guide assignments for site tours.
- Manage the room reservation schedule.
- Coordinate logistics for U.S. employee visits.
- Coordinate communication about all volunteers and on-site visitors generally, including specific coordination with operations staff (security, cleaning, kitchen staff).
- Enter information about volunteers into our database and support the donor cultivation cycle with past volunteers.
- Collect monthly statistics on volunteers and visitors.
- Assist in the planning and execution of major visitor events such as Graduation and board meetings
- Represent the vision, mission, and policies of Common Hope through your actions
- Administrative support
- Other responsibilities may be added according to the individual interests of the volunteer and needs of the organization
*Training will be provided once the volunteer arrives in Guatemala
How to apply:
- Read through the Long-Term Volunteer section of our website
- Complete the Long-Term Volunteer Application and submit along with your resume
- The Hospitality Manager will contact you via email within 1-2 weeks to notify you whether your skills are a good fit
- If you are a good fit, you will be instructed on next steps of the application process
- If you have further questions, please contact Erin Treinen at ErinT@guate.commonhope.org or 651.287.0740.