Position: Construction Volunteer
Location: Fundación Familias de Esperanza, Antigua Guatemala
Start Date: September 3, 2018
End Date: TBD
Volunteer Position Description
Do you like hard-work, being outdoors, and making a difference here in Antigua? Common Hope is looking for four dedicated volunteers to support our construction program to build two homes for a family in need!
Common Hope is dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty through diplomas and we are committed to providing all of our affiliated families with access to quality education, health care, housing and social work programs.
The house builds will take place September 3rd-5th and volunteers will be expected to work from 8:00am-5:00pm with lunch provided. During this time, volunteers will work closely with our construction department in the preparation and transportation of materials, the pouring of a cement floor for the family, and ultimately, the construction of the home.
Those interested are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
• Independent and can make their own accommodations for transportation to and from Common Hope
• Will commit to all three days of construction work for the house build
• Energetic, flexible, physically fit, and willing to work hard
• Is 21+years of age
• Has basic Spanish capabilities
• Becomes a multiplier of Common Hope’s work by sharing their experience with friends and family upon returning home and often becomes the sponsor of an affiliated child
This is a great opportunity to be able to serve the communities of the Antigua Valley, build meaningful relationships with our affiliated families, and gain valuable experience in construction!
If you’re interested, please contact Emily our Short Term Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.