Position: Construction Volunteer
Location: Fundación Familias de Esperanza, Antigua Guatemala
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: TBD
Volunteer Position Description
Do you like hard-work, being outdoors, and making a difference here in Antigua? Common Hope is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to support our construction program with building homes and retaining walls for families in need.
Common Hope is dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty through diplomas and we are committed to providing all of our affiliated families with access to quality education, health care, housing and social work programs.
We have some exciting construction projects happening throughout 2020 and need volunteers to help our construction department in material preparation, transportation and assembly for house builds, and retaining wall projects. We are looking for volunteers that can commit to working for a minimum of two weeks and all volunteers will be expected to work from 8:00am-5:00pm with lunch provided.
Those interested are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- Can commit to support our construction department for a minimum of two weeks
- Independent and can make their own accommodations for transportation to and from Common Hope
- Flexible and open-minded
- Energetic, physically fit, and willing to work hard
- 21+years of age
- Basic Spanish capabilities
- Becomes a multiplier of Common Hope’s work by sharing their experience with friends and family upon returning home and often becomes the sponsor of an affiliated child
This is a great opportunity to be able to serve the communities of the Antigua Valley, build meaningful relationships with our affiliated families, and gain valuable experience in construction!
If you’re interested, please contact Emily our Short Term Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.