Team Support Specialist/Coordinator
Position: Team Support Specialist/Coordinator
Location: Common Hope, St. Paul, MN
Reports to: Director of Strategic Relations & Development
Conditions: Full-time staff position (40 hours per week) In-person position
Common Hope promotes hope and opportunity in Guatemala by working with impoverished children and families, as well as the communities in which they live, to improve their lives through education, health care, and housing. While education is at the heart of our work, we believe a comprehensive approach to human development is critical for children and families to reach their full potential.
The position is responsible for supporting the team and office operations for Common Hope’s St. Paul location, contributing to an efficient and collaborative team environment. The role includes the management of the acknowledgment process, donor tracking and information, visitor experience and special event assistance, communications, correspondence and relationship management. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Relations and Development, provides support to the Executive Director and works closely with the US Common Hope team.
Donor Communications & Analysis
- Donor Acknowledgements. Oversee and implement the Common Hope Acknowledgement process, including financial donations, stock gifts, and in-kind donations. Ensure acknowledgement letters are updated three times annually, and appropriate tax-exempt language is represented accurately based on gift type.
- Monitor appeal results; generate giving reports
- Update Raiser’s Edge with appropriate solicitation and communication code, enter and track relationship information as requested
- Provide support for event and annual communications
- General Information and Phone Support
- Identify opportunities to use regular office volunteers to complete functions that free the time of St. Paul staff.
- Maintain current and grow pool of volunteers to support the St. Paul team, ensuring volunteer appreciation and recognition for their contributions.
- Coordinate the recruitment of volunteers to fulfill monthly volunteer needs in support of the St Paul team.
- Recruit and coordinate front desk volunteers, ensuring activites to supplement answering phones and greeting visitors.
- Coordinate Visitor Welcome. Ensure that office is prepared for volunteers and visitors, proactively managing the St. Paul calendar for planned activities.
- Direct office communications. (phone, email and mail) to appropriate staff, maintaining office supplies, manage St. Paul office calendar and announcements, and facilitating all staff meetings and retreats
- Perform administrative details, such as database management, preparing periodic reports, screening telephone calls, managing general information email requests, and procuring supplies/and/or services to ensure normal flow of office activities.
- Support HR Recruitment efforts. Ensure paperwork if complete for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; coordinates new employee orientations; and provides administrative assistance and schedules appointments for hiring and terminations.
- Acts independently to administer and communicate corporate policies and procedures, handling uncommon situations using administrative guidelines or escalation to US Directors.
- Provides executive support for all US Directors as requested.
- Maintains highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Coordinate, accept and record donations in accord with current policies and procedures, updating procedures when necessary, training volunteers and staff to provide receipts and documentation.
- Collaborate with St. Paul team and Guatemala warehouse team to identify needed items and publicize these needs.
- Ensure suitcases are packed with supplies in support of the Visitor Experience and Sponsorship teams.
- Commitment to the mission of Common Hope and serving marginalized populations.
- Excellent communication skills, including effective listening, written and oral skills,
- Excellent organizational skills, commitment to accuracy, and strong attention to details.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in organizing, managing and maintaining office records, schedules and procedures
- Public contact experience by telephone, by mail and in person.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word and intermediate skills in MS Excel Spreadsheet and MS PowerPoint.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, and ideally also in Raisers Edge, Canva, Classy and Constant Contact
- Ability to multitask and work independently, meet deadlines, prioritize work and coordinate with others
- Experience providing service to multiple staff in a fast-paced environment
- Spanish proficiency preferred
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, and a writing sample of any kind to Doug Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is September 30, 2022.