Volunteer to Teach English Classes
Position: Volunteer to Teach English Classes
Location: Fundación Familias de Esperanza, Antigua Guatemala
Start Date: April 25th, 2020
End Date: Flexible, but ideally a commitment of 3 months or more
Volunteer Position Description
Are you an English speaker wanting to be part of the change and make a difference here in Antigua? Common Hope is looking for a dedicated volunteer to teach youth English classes three times a week starting April 25th, 2020!
Common Hope is dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty through diplomas and we are committed to providing all of our affiliated families with access to quality education, health care, housing and social work programs.
Our English classes operate on Wednesdays from 8:15-9:45am and 2:00pm-4:00pm, and Saturdays from 8:30am-10:00am. Students are 15-18 years old and in their final years of high school. This volunteer opportunity runs from April 25 through November 30 when classes end in Guatemala. We are looking for volunteers to commit for at least 2-3 months.
Those interested are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
• Independent and able to arrange their own accommodations and transportation to and from Common Hope
• Committed to teach English both Wednesdays and Saturdays for the complete duration of the program (March-November)
• Related experience helpful (ie: ESL, teaching, or youth programming)
• Creativity, flexibility and patience
• Ability to manage confidentiality, personal and professional limits
• Ability to speak a minimum of basic Spanish
• 21+years of age
This is a great opportunity to serve the communities of the Antigua Valley and build meaningful relationships with our affiliated families and staff!
If you’re interested, please contact Emily our Short Term Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.