Volunteer to Teach English Classes
Position: Volunteer to Teach English Classes
Location: Fundación Familias de Esperanza, Antigua Guatemala
Start Date: September 1, 2018
End Date: November 29, 2018
Volunteer Position Description
Are you an English speaker wanting to be part of the change and make a difference here in Antigua? Common Hope is looking for a dedicated volunteer to teach youth English classes twice a week starting in September!
Common Hope is dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty through diplomas and we are committed to providing all of our affiliated families with access to quality education, health care, housing and social work programs.
Our English classes operate on Wednesdays from 2:00pm-4:00pm and Saturdays from 9:00am-11:00am—students are 15-18 years old and in their final years of high school. The volunteer position will run from September 1st through November 29th.
Those interested are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
• Independent and able to arrange their own accommodations and transportation to and from Common Hope
• Committed to teach English both Wednesdays and Saturdays for the complete duration of the program (September-November)
• Related experience helpful (ie: ESL, teaching, or youth programming)
• Creativity, flexibility and patience
• Ability to manage confidentiality, personal and professional limits
• Ability to speak a minimum of basic Spanish
• 21+years of age
This is a great opportunity to serve the communities of the Antigua Valley and build meaningful relationships with our affiliated families and staff!
If you’re interested, please contact Emily our Short Term Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.