Volunteer with Common Hope!
Are you a bilingual English/Spanish speaker wanting to be part of the change and make a difference here in Antigua? Common Hope is looking for a dedicated volunteer to act as a translator in our medical clinic for the months of April and May!
Common Hope is dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty through diplomas and we are committed to providing all of our affiliated families with access to quality medical care, psychological support, housing, and education.
In this position you will be working alongside of an established doctor from the United States as she provides medical care to our affiliated families. An ideal candidate will have advanced to bilingual Spanish/English and an in depth knowledge of medical terms.
Those interested are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- Is in dependent and can make their own accommodations for transportation to and from Common Hope
- Can commit to acting as a translator for the entirety of this position’s duration
- Is flexible, open-minded, and willing to work where Common Hope needs them
- Is 21+years of age
- Has strong Spanish capabilities
- Becomes a multiplier of Common Hope’s work by sharing their experience with friends and family upon returning home and often become the sponsor of an affiliated child
- Acceptance as a volunteer is contingent on a passed background check
This is a great opportunity to be able to serve the communities of the Antigua Valley, build meaningful relationships with our affiliated families, and gain valuable practice in the medical field!
If you are interested, please contact Emily our Short-Term Volunteer Coordinator at EmilyS@guate.commonhope.org